Anyone...Horizon BCBS Revision From Band to RNY Bypass?

BubbaMom
on 7/22/09 12:03 am
Hello, I am Dayna, and I have always come on this site and read postings on the message boards, but I just joined as a member. I was wondering if there was anyone who had a revisional surgery from Band to RNY Bypass? I have submitted to insurance and they have not made a decision yet so I am waiting to hear. I have Horizon BCBS of New Jersey and my first surgery was in 2004 with the band. Now, it is almost five years later, and I am looking to have revisional surgery to the RNY. My band didn't not slip, but I have not had much success with weight loss. The most I lost was 30 pounds in the first 6 months after surgery, and kept that off for about two years. Then, I gained it back plus a few pounds. In the last 8 months, I saw a dietician/nutritionist and she developed a diet and exercise plan for me and my physician monitored my weight loss, but I had no significant weight loss. I am frustrated, and I am now at a point where I am ready for the RNY. I was really scared before, but I have been diagnosed with Sleep Apnea and Pseudotumor Cerebri in the last year, and I am more scared of what these diseases are doing to me. I lost a lot of field vision from the pseudotumor cerebri, and it will repair itself if I lose a lot of weight, so It is very important. Does anyone have any ideas of what else I can do for insurance purposes to help get approved? Also, has anyone had any similar situations? Or has anyone had the revision from band to RNY and what is your story? I need all the help I can get. Thanks. Dayna
Nikki M.
on 7/22/09 3:21 am - Ashburn, VA
Hi Dana,

I did the reverse.  I went from a RNY to a BAND!  Lost a 170 lbs then put back on 100 lbs after keeping it off for 10 years.  I had the band surgery 7 weeks ago and I have to say I'm not impressed but I'm going to give it time.  Lots of similarities in that once ur body gets used to small amounts of food the differences in procedural weight loss outcome seem to be negligible.  I have BCBS and first they approved the revision surgery then they took me thru hoops.  To this day I'm still battling with them.  I wish you lots of luck and I hope this helps. :-)

N.S.M

http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/wbOAzty/">
http://tickers.TickerFactory.com/ezt/t/wbOAzty/weight.png">>

Most Active